In response to a question from a recent conversation, I went back and looked through my post listing some of my favorite songs… and I was quite surprised to notice that with the possible exception of “The Story in Your Eyes” by the Moody Blues, I didn’t really have any love songs on the list.
So let me fix that omission right away!
As with the previous list, I’m just jotting these down as they occur to me, no particular order of preference yet…
- “Isn’t Life Strange,” Moody Blues
- “Love and Affection,” Joan Armatrading
- “In Your Eyes,” Peter Gabriel
- “What is Life,” George Harrison
- “Lay Lady Lay,” Bob Dylan
- “Heartbeat,” King Crimson
- “Come to Me,” Bjork
- “Follow Me Follow You,” Genesis
- “How Can I Tell You,” Cat Stevens