Skip Mendler is probably not the only Harvard-educated clown to ever get involved in politics, but he is one of the few who is willing to admit it.
- He is a performing artist, educator, writer, and activist. He has one daughter, and holds a black belt in aikido.
- His present home base is a small town in Northeastern Pennsylvania, he is retired for all practical purposes, and he plays a mean kazoo.
- He is a member of the Religious Society of Friends, the Green Party, and the Kumbaya Liberation Front, among other things.
- His latest performance piece was called “Ballots, Bullets, and Bagatelles: Stories and More about War, Peace, and Politics.” He is working on a new one.
- In January 2017, he’s heading to Europe.